The Death of Clifford + More Crap

22 Feb

IMG_4297_opt

This Clifford bowl has been around for at least ten years, but yesterday I found a giant, fatal crack on the bottom. I thought it was the kind of bowl (hard plastic) that would last forever, surviving multiple drops. I showed it to each of the girls, took a picture of it and then tossed it.

I took the photo because I’m interested in the constant flow of things into and out of our lives. The bowl left us, but the blurry earrings in the photo came into our lives along with a yellow sweater, a ring, two over-sized pencils, and a coloring book.

We also spent $41 at Goodwill on a decorative mirror, a shirt for Jennifer, and a stack of shirts for Chloe, who has inexplicably grown out of everything in her closet except for the Snuggie Grandma bought at a garage sale two years ago.

I used”we” in the sentence above about the decorative mirror, but, of course, Jennifer was responsible for that acquisition. She told me it matched the curtains in the family room and asked what I thought about buying it for nine bucks. I shrugged and tried to recall the living room curtains. Obviously, that’s her department.

But to coincide with this inflow of stuff, Jennifer filled a box with clothes to get rid off, so overall we ditched more than we added.

Now, more of MY crap. I photographed six pair of shorts, but I have since ditched the plain light gray pair second from the front. You can barely see the black pair on the bottom. In the warm months I live in these for comfort, exercise, sleep, and biking.

IMG_4304_opt

19. Running shorts (Lululemon – gray with black and purple)

20. Shorts (Target – royal blue, white stripes)

21. Shorts (Nike from Kohls years ago – gray and navy blue)

21. Shorts (Champion – maroon)

23. Shorts (Target – black)

IMG_4310_opt

24. Second pair of eyeglasses – I keep these in my bag. I’m wearing them now. They’re my “main floor” glasses at home.

IMG_4306_opt

25. Laptop

26. Mouse

27. Adjustable, folding table

IMG_4311_opt

IMG_4308_opt

28. Timbuktu Messenger Bag

29. Backpack (small – blue & gray)

30. Swiss Gear backpack (large – blue & gray)

31. Duffel Bag (camo – not pictured)

6 Responses to “The Death of Clifford + More Crap”

1. 4eternalsunshine February 22, 2013 at 10:30 am #

I want to see the mirror!!! Lol.. I have a love affair going on with “thrift store finds” right now ;)). Recently, (like Wednesday) I had to sit myself down and have a talk with myself. No more thrifting until I get rid of the “stuff”. By “stuff” I mean my collections, the kids stuff from years gone by, electronic stuff that I don’t know what to do with, eBay stuff I want to sell, but hate selling on eBay cuz the people r butt heads…etc….etc… I am going to take a pic of my “stuff” and show u what I am up against over here!!!!…. I so admire how you guys keep you “stuff” under control :))))

• fightn4it February 22, 2013 at 11:01 am #

I’ll take a picture of the mirror and the curtains. My thrifting is the only shopping I’m comfortable with since the shopping orgy that was “Christmas of 2012.” You could take your old electronics to Best Buy. Our library takes “e-waste” too, maybe Collinsville does, not sure. Yes, take lots of photos. You know how I enjoy looking at OTHER people’s clutter. lol.

2. 4eternalsunshine February 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

…. weeks, days and all day today so far I have been “organizing” the stuff ( stuff I have shoved in clear containers nicely hidden from the worlds eye and my eyes for years) into piles ( have not even had time to tackle storage room in basement or garage) and then I start taking pics to show you…then take pics of storage room then garage.. .hmmmmmmm????… Dang, maybe i ( “L” forsure) has a more serious problem than I thought :(( are you telling me, you guys have no junk drawers, closets, piles anywhere?????? In the house?????….. Sad part is I am totally on my own to fix this (L doesn’t have time and doesn’t know how) I hate doing this …. Thinking I will keep track and show you my progress( so u can get a good laugh) …but as for now I am tooooooo embarrassed to show the pics!!! Bad, so bad,,,smh :((

• fightn4it February 23, 2013 at 8:13 am #

We (I, really) got rid of a bunch of stuff in Maryville because of the wet basement problem. We had a kitchen junk drawer in Maryville, but didn’t transfer it over to here, which I hadn’t really thought about until you mentioned it. I’ll take more pictures of our storage room. It’s mostly tubs of “off season” clothes and stuff Chloe’s outgrown that we’re saving for AInsley. We have one big container full of photos that I’d love to digitize and get rid of, but J would never allow that. Jennifer’s office is cluttered though. Actually–and I told her this last week–any area of the house that is 100% HERS, is cluttered. So then she cleaned up her closet, but her office, dresser…oh my. So don’t be embarrassed. lol.

• fightn4it February 23, 2013 at 8:21 am #

Oh and Jennifer told me to tell you that she and my mom are going to that once-a-month flea market at the Belleville fairgrounds in March or April if you want to go with them.

3. 4eternalsunshine February 23, 2013 at 9:44 am #

Sounds like a good time, tell her to send me an email when they are going 🙂