Hairy Balls … ‘Nuff Said

10 Feb

The word “hairy” is not funny on its own. Humans are hairy. Dogs are hairy. Robin Williams is hairy. Okay, that makes it funnier. Hairy backs make me snicker.

The word “balls” is not funny on its own unless you’re thirteen or if you’re Beavis or Butt-Head. When I think of balls in April, I think of baseballs. In September, footballs.

But look what happens when you squish those words together: hairy balls. Say it out loud.

Come on, SAY IT!

There, don’t you feel better?

Yesterday, I found this story about Harry Baals, a former Indiana mayor who won four terms in the 1930s and 1950s. In Fort Wayne, IN they’re trying to find a suitable name for a new government building, and “The Harry Baals Government Center” is kicking ass in an online poll. Sadly, Deputy Mayor Beth Malloy told the Associated Press that the name would probably not be chosen because she doesn’t want to see Fort Wayne the butt of late-night television jokes.

Harry pronounced his last name “balls,” but descendants have since changed it to sound like “bales.”

I remember one day in elementary school during lunch, the class was buzzing about the possible existence of a man named “Harry Dickey.”

Are you sure? No way! How do YOU know? You’re full of shit!

It was passed from student to student, from table to table, and by the time I scraped the bottom of my chocolate pudding and nibbled on the last of my sandwich, the whole room was talking about this mysterious man with the hilarious name.

If you have a unique, snigger-inducing name, like, say “Small Penis,” I say embrace it.

Hairy Balls T-shirt

8 Responses to “Hairy Balls … ‘Nuff Said”

1. Booksphotographsandartwork February 10, 2011 at 10:34 am #

I’m snickering. 🙂

• fightn4it February 10, 2011 at 11:17 am #

Hee Hee.

2. The Mommy February 10, 2011 at 11:30 am #

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha…I have been laughing about this story the last two days.

Funny name…Rusty Buick..it is a real name…my sister ran across it one day at her work

• fightn4it February 10, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Haha. That IS a great name, love it!

3. mindslam February 10, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

This is no joke…there was a brother & sister in my high school back in the 80’s..Her name was Anita & his name was Richard….any guesses on what their last name was? You got it…”Head”! What kind of parents would do that? LOL

4. Bren February 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

OMG! ROFLMAO!! Love it!

5. jamieonline February 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

I used to know (yes, me, not a friend of a friend) a man called Michael Hunt. He was known as Mike! Mike Hunt…… Say it – I mean, how bad is that!?

6. Pearlene January 2, 2015 at 6:07 am #

You post interesting content here. Your page deserves much more visitors.
    It can go viral if you give it initial boost, i know useful service that can help you, just type in google:
    svetsern traffic tips